William Barber's sailors head design with "In God We Trust" above Liberty's portrait and 13 stars added around, one of 4 different but similar obverse dies of this year.
These were struck in the following combinations.
Silver J1462/P1612. Only 2 were struck as follows:
1) Woodin, Newcomer, Col Green, Boyd, Farouk, Judd, Kosoff-B/M 11/85, Novoselsky, Kagins, southern collection, Simpson - NGC65, illustrated above.
2) Woodin, Granberg, Kosoff-B/M 11/85, Auction 86 - cleaned/laquered.
These were struck on trade dollar planchets so it is likely that these are actually trade dollar patterns.
Copper with reeded edge J1463/P1613 with the following confirmed.
2) Garrett-JHU, B/R Garrett II 3/80, Superior 10/89, Auction 90 - PCGS63RB
3) Sieck-B/R 81 ANA, Heritage 2007 ANA - PCGS66RB
4) Turoff-B/M 5/94 as PCGS64RB, Superior 9/94 - NGC65RB
5) B/R 4/81, Hughes 11/81, Heritage 1/07, 1/11 - PCGS65BN, with corrosion spot at dentil near N in United
6) Heritage 2008 ANA - NGC64BN, probably ex Farouk, Dibello, Crouch
7) Private collection, Heritage 4/17 - PCGS62RD, cleaned
Copper with plain edge J1463A/P1614. This is unique and is the former Col Green, Farouk, Harry W. Bass Jr. Research Foundation coin.
Photo courtesy of PCGS.