This Liberty design, with long plough handles, has been known since its first appearance in the March 1876 Haseltine sale.
Examples were struck as follows:
Silver J1300/P1442 with 5 examples known as shown below.
1) Judd, Turoff-Bowers and Merena's 3/94, Share-ANR 9/03 - NGC66 and is the illustrated example.
2) Bowers and Merena 4/83, Rogers M. Fred Jr.-Bowers and Merena 11/95, Heritage 1/99? as NGC65, Simpson collection - PCGS64
3) 97 ANA, Wyoming collection - NGC65.
4) Farouk, Lohr, Merkin 2/71, Bass I sale as PCGS63, Superior 2/00 as PCGS64, Stacks 5/03, Heritage 5/05, ANR 1/06 - PCGS63
5) Kentucky collection - NGC64, NGC Explorer plate coin
Either #2, #3 or #5 is ex Vickery, 72 ANA.
Copper J1301/P1443 with at least 3 known as follows:
1) Hughes 7/80, Wyoming collection
2) Farouk, Dibello, Champa, Harte, Superior 5/92, Stacks 11/10, Stacks-Bowers 3/12 - PCGS60RB.
3) Heritage 9/02 as PCGS64RB, Southern collection, Simpson collection - PCGS64BN.
Aluminum J1303/P1445 with 2 known as follows:
1) Farouk, Harte, Superior 1/86, Heritage 5/03 as PCGS64, Simpson collection - PCGS65.
2) Bowers and Merena 1/99 as PCGS63, ANR 7/05 now PCGS64.
The listing for this in copper with a plain edge J1302/P1444 is believed to be an error.
Photo courtesy of American Numismatic Rarities.